As an organization, The Hope Foundation is open and transparent. HOPE implements international best practice in governance. You can download our most recent financial statements below.
We recognise our responsibility to you, our donors, sponsors, volunteers and fundraisers.
HOPE is committed to safeguarding children. We implement best practice guidelines and provide child protection training and capacity building for all staff who work directly with children and vulnerable adults.
Our membership of representative organisations ensures that we are supported in keeping up-to-date on procedures, legislation and developments that impact on our work. Some examples of best practice in Governance include:
- Our founder and Honorary Director Maureen Forrest does not take a salary
- Numerous pro-bono professional service-providers and special rates help to keep administration costs down.
- HOPE is registered with the Irish Charities Regulatory Authority. You can see details by clicking here.
- HOPE is a signatory of the Comhlámh ‘Code of Good Practice for Volunteer Sending Organisations’. Comhlámh is Irish for solidarity, and is a member and supporter organisation for those working for social justice, human rights and global development.
- HOPE is a member of Dóchas, the Irish Association of Non-Governmental Development Organisations, and subscribes to its ‘Code of Conduct on Images and Messages’
- HOPE is a member of The Wheel, a leading support and representative network for the community and voluntary sector in Ireland
- HOPE is fully compliant with The Governance Code, a Code of Practice for good governance of community, voluntary and charitable organisations in Ireland.
- HOPE is a member of the Charities Institute Ireland and adheres and implements the ICTR ‘Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising’. We have been awarded ‘Triple Lock’ membership by the Cii, demonstrating our commitment to best practice in all aspects of transparent reporting, ethical fundraising and governance.
The Hope Foundation USA was established to raise awareness about, and funds for, projects operated by The Hope Foundation (Ireland) working with street – connect children and vulnerable communities in Kolkata, India.
All funds raised in the USA are restricted and transferred for specific projects. Donors received financial and narrative reports on the projects they support.
HOPE USA is a member of Guidestar, a nonprofit organization that connects people and organizations with information on the programs and finances of more than 1.8 million IRS-recognized nonprofits.
Thanks to all our supporters for their commitment and dedication to the work of The Hope Foundation. Together we are changing the lives of abandoned children and working for the most underprivileged in our global community.
Details of HOPE USA’s tax filings can be found on the IRS Database of Tax Exempt Organisations – CLICK HERE.
- Maureen Forrest – Director
- MeiMei Fox – Treasurer
- Shane McCarthy
- Alexandra Mysoor
- Sheila M. Geraghty
- Srikrishnan Rajan
- Gloria Starr-Kins